This relationship has bloomed and grown from strength to strength. You’re aware of the ups and downs and the need to find strength in yourself and in each other. The little hum has become a roar ‘this is the one’. The question is asked and accepted, or the decision to dive in together is made.
After the initial thrill of dreaming up your big day, you realise just how many elements that involves. This is where I can step in and help ease the load! I also offer beautiful live music as part of your ceremony. For music and vision visit my music section.
I strive for these key elements:
- Cultivating an authentic connection with the couple, and taking time to discover their story
- Assisting the couple with the legal elements in a clear way; taking the guesswork out and offering a professional and reassuring perspective
- Crafting the couple’s unique story into a ceremony that is bespoke and includes all the elements important to the couple and their families
- Creating an atmosphere where guests can really be present in the moment, and bear witness
- Including the element of humour and fun, but never at the expense of the romance and elegance of the occasion
My vision statement as a wedding celebrant is to offer a unique ceremony that reflects your love story.
Modern Rituals for Modern Romantics
My wedding service works like this:
- I offer an obligation-free meeting or Skype so you can chat with me and work out if I’m the celebrant for you. We’ll also discuss your vision for the ceremony, discuss the legal elements and you’ll have the opportunity to ask me all the burning questions.
- Once you’ve booked me in, we meet again to complete the Notice of Intent to Marry (NOIM), run through the legal requirements associated with that (sighting ID, passports, etc), and spend more time discussing your ceremony ideas. After that meeting I’ll send a booking and deposit form, the questionnaire for each couple to wax lyrical about the other, and my resource pack of readings, ritual ideas, music suggestions and sample ceremonies.
- I will use the questionnaires and notes I have made at our meetings to craft a ceremony draft, which I’ll send to you for feedback. Once you respond I’ll finalise the ceremony wording, offering assistance as required.
- If you have selected my live music option, you can also choose any two songs for your processional and recessional. My guitarist plays instrumental guitar during the signing and prior to the ceremony beginning. You can find out more about how our live music connects all the elements here.
- I offer a high level of support via email, phone, SMS, Skype and carrier pigeon. Smoke signals in winter only!
- A rehearsal (at the venue or other location) close to the wedding date.
- A top of the range battery-powered PA system with wireless mics, headset mics, Bluetooth, SD card and ipod inputs (as well as the live music capability). Our system is extremely high fidelity and being professional musicians, we have great skills in pulling the clearest sound possible.
- A commemorative wedding certificate, and CD of our jazz tunes as a momento of your day.